● Monday to Friday ● 8.5 hours per day (.5 paid overtime) ● *COMPETITIVE WAGE* Subject to experience ● Benefits Package after 3 Months ●
Current Career Openings
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician with Crusher Experience
Terrafirma Equipment Sales & Rentals, Inc. is a company with over 30 years’ experience in the heavy equipment industry. Our line of aggregate equipment is known worldwide and has a long-standing tradition ranking among the leading suppliers of stationary and mobile mineral processing plants. Terrafirma Equipment is committed to safety, quality of work and effectiveness of solutions. We are currently looking for a Heavy Equipment Technician with Crushing experience to join our team.
Set up, maintain and repair SBM/MFL aggregate processing units. This includes jaw crushers, impact crushers, batch plants, screening plants and various conveyor systems on customer sites as well as completing work in our shop on excavators and hydraulic attachments.
Responsibilities would include but not be limited to performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on these units.
- Diagnose complex mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems in a safe and efficient manner and provide solutions/make recommendations to extent of repairs.
- Maintain industry and company standards for safety and operation.
- Conduct inspections for pre-operation and during operation monitoring for optimal production and make adjustments for jobsite conditions and requirements
- Assist with other field staff to maintain production. (Loader operators, grounds people and site supervisors.)
- Conduct repairs and adjustments, documenting and recording for work completed.
Job Skill Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience with service and repair on diesel, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of Impact, Jaw and Screening equipment as well as knowledge of modern excavators and hydraulic breakers.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and proactive approach to work.
- Journeyman certification for heavy equipment is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with clean drivers abstract.
Terrafirma offers a competitive hourly wage for this full time position and an exciting opportunity to be a part of our supportive work environment and team.
Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Terrafirma Equipment is seeking a skilled Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic to join the team. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter who can maintain, repair, and rebuild heavy equipment in a safe, efficient, and capable manner.
- Maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, diesel and hydraulic systems
- Diagnose and repair of specialty equipment such as, excavators, tampers, hydraulic hammers/ breakers, shears and more
- Service documentation
- Routine equipment maintenance
- Loading and unloading equipment along with occasional travel with equipment to customer sites
- 2 - 5 years of diesel & hydraulic equipment experience
- Working knowledge of excavators and large varieties of hydraulic attachments
- Driver’s licence and clean abstract
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Adhere to company Health & Safety policies
- Able to use a high degree of independent judgement
- Ability to be a team player and willingness to assist where required
- References required